What is MYTY Kit?
At the forefront of the Web3 social metaverse scenario are PFPs. Each PFP project has anywhere between hundreds to tens of thousands of individual NFTs. MYTY Kit allows you to transform a collection of NFTs into a collection of animated, Mocap-enabled, avatars in one go. It can be used as an SDK to create Web3 social metaverse apps for such avatars. MYTY Kit v0.1 is for use in Unity, and the rights to its use and redistribution are granted under the MIT license.
*SDK stands for Software Development Kit, and refers to a collection of software development tools that is provided in a single installable package.
For example, if you turn a particular CryptoPunk PFP into an avatar using MYTY Kit, that avatar is now considered a “MYTY Avatar.” MYTY Avatars are animated using real-time motion capture technology, following the users’ real-time facial expressions as well as body movements.
A prime example of this is MYTY Camera. Developed by MYTY itself, MYTY Camera is a showcase app for PC. It acts as a virtual camera device, using motion capture technology to regress facial expressions and body movements from a video to animate MYTY avatars in real-time. The result can be pushed to major webcam-based apps including YouTube, Twitch, Zoom, and Discord.
The video below shows a MYTY Avatar being used with MYTY Camera. The Avatar is one of the 10,000 MYTY Avatars created from 10,000 CryptoPunks.
A CryptoPunk MYTY Avatar follows the user’s facial expressions on MYTY Camera.
There are two main types of users.
👉 The first is the Avatar Creator - anyone who wants to create a MYTY Avatar from a PFP.
In the early stages, this will mostly be PFP project teams. Many teams are looking for ways to give their PFPs more utility, beyond the usual profile pictures on Twitter, Discord, etc. By creating a collection of MYTY Avatars from a collection of PFPs, Project Teams will allow NFT holders to use their PFP Avatars in various metaverses.
👉 The second is Metaverse Creator - anyone who wants to create a metaverse app that uses MYTY Avatars.
As an increasing number of PFPs have their own MYTY Avatars, there’ll be a corresponding rise in the number of developers seeking to provide applications for the PFP holders. Since many PFP Projects advocate the metaverse in their long-term roadmap, we expect a growing demand for the creation of metaverse apps that use PFPs. One of the first problems that these metaverse development teams face is the issue of avatarizing PFPs. This is easily solved with MYTY Kit. Metaverse creators can skip the avatarization step altogether by using pre-made MYTY Avatars for free. Moreover, since MYTY Kit is released under the MIT license, Metaverse Creators won’t have to worry about the fine print when generating revenue.
- 1.Easy-to-use working environment in Unity.
- 2.Support for face and full-body motion tracking.
- 3.Tools tailored for avatarizing 2D PFPs, which are notoriously difficult to handle but make up the vast majority of PFPs. Support will be expanded to include 3D avatar production in the future.
- 4.Completely compatibility with Web3. Avatar Creators can turn PFPs into MYTY Avatars, and Metaverse Creators can use MYTY Avatars for free in their various MYTY Metaverses.
- 5.Peace of mind that comes with MIT License. You can use whatever you create with MYTY Kit without worrying about copyright or license fees.
There are 8 tools in MYTY Kit; 5 for use within Unity, 3 for outside.
This tool separates an NFT PFP Image into layers, using machine learning. You can use Decomposer to automate the process of converting an original 2D image into a layered PSB file for Live Avatar creation.
Trait Mapper Web
This tool maps a Generative Avatar’s traits to the PSB layers of the Avatar’s Image. You can use Trait Mapper Web to easily create a trait mapping file for some 10,000 Avatars.
This tool imports various Assets to Unity, based on information contained in the Trait Mapping File. It is MYTY Kit’s all-in-one importer with PSB Importer, Photoshop Layer Effect Application, and Sprite Library Creation functions.
This tool lets you view the 10,000-odd Generative Avatars by ID within a Unity Project. When you import all Assets using the 2D Avatar Asset Importer, it is automatically created in the Hierarchy panel of the Unity Project.
This tool controls an Avatar Image or its Bone or within a Unity Project. Through Motion Adapter, you can create a Live Avatar by connecting with the user's motion tracking data.
This tool processes the user's motion tracking data within a Unity Project and delivers it to Controllers. Since it is provided as Prefabs of small movement units, you can pick and choose the adapters you need.
This tool saves MYTY Avatars created in Unity as a Unity Asset Bundle. The saved Asset Bundle file contains both animation and Avatar ID information and can be freely accessed by the Metaverse Creator when making apps.
This website manages MYTY Avatar Asset Bundles. The website in turn is managed by MYTY server.
This is a simplified overview. For more information, please refer to each Related Document.
1) Prepare an avatar PSB file with the original images of the NFT collection.
2) Use the Trait Mapper Web to map PFP traits to PSB layers. Download the resulting Trait Mapper file.
3) Install Unity.
4) Import MYTY Kit.
5) Import files from steps 1 and 2 (PSB and Trait Mapper files) to Unity.
6) Rig sprites to bones in the Sprite Editor and save.
7) Use MYTY Kit’s Controller tool to control the MYTY Avatar’s sprites and bones.
8) Use MYTY Kit’s motion-tracking technology to make MYTY Avatars move.
9) Set the traits to be used for AR Face mode.
10) Export MYTY Avatars for use, in an AssetBundle file format.
11) Upload MYTY Avatars to the Avatar Manager.
12) Take the MYTY Avatar that you created yourself and use it within the MYTY ecosystem.
Have a question or an idea? If you have a question to ask or an idea to share, participate in the MYTY Kit Community. We’d love to hear from you.