3. Install Unity
✅ Acceptable: 2021.1.x ~ 2021.3.1f1⛔️ Not recommended: 2020.x.xf1🚫 Non-acceptable (Incompatible): 2021.3.3f1
- Due to compatibility issues within Unity, MYTY Metaverse app MYTY Camera is built with version
2021.3.2f1. Therefore, it is recommended that you make MYTY Avatars with the same Unity Editor version of
MYTY Kit comes with MYTY Kit Package for Unity. In order to use MYTY Kit smoothly, we recommend that you install Unity in advance before embarking on the avatarization process.
Tutorial Video - How to install Unity Hub
The Unity Hub is the foundation from which we install the Unity Editor, create projects, and manage our Unity environment. Unity Editor version
2021.3.2f1can also be installed through Unity Hub.
Go to Unity's Unity Hub Download page and download the Unity Hub installation file for your computer's OS. MYTY Kit can be used with any Unity license (plan), including the free Personal Unity license. Refer to Unity's Manual to manage your Unity license.
Accept terms and click “Download Unity Hub”
After executing the installation file, install Unity Hub.
You need at least 13.34GB of free space on your internal drive to install Unity Editor.
Tutorial Video - How to Install Unity Editor
- 1.On Unity's Long Term Support Releases page, scroll down and select the toggle for the
LTS Release 2021.3.2.f1version, and click the
2. When Unity Hub opens, check the following 5 modules in the
Install Unity windowand select
Install Unity Editor
- Android Build Support
- iOS Build Support
- Mac Build Support (IL2CPP)
- WebGL Build Support
- Windows Build Support (Mono)
There are several ways to install a Unity Editor. For more information, refer to the Unity Installation page of Unity's Official Manual.
This section outlines the most frequently used editor windows and how to use them. For details, refer to Unity's Interface Manual.
- This has all the essential working features of Unity. The top-left button gives access to your Unity Account, Unity Cloud Service, and Unity Collaborate. At the center are the play, pause, and step controls. In the upper right corner are the history and editor layout functions.
- The Hierarchy window lists all GameObjects in the scene. Each item in the scene has an entry in the Hierarchy. The hierarchical structure represents the relationship between game objects.
- The Scene View allows you to visually explore and edit your scene (avatar). The Scene View shows a 3D or a 2D perspective depending on the type of project you are working on.
- The Game View simulates the final rendered look of the game (avatar) through the scene camera. Press the play button on the toolbar to start the simulation.
- You can view and edit all properties of a selected GameObject. Different GameObject types have different properties, so each time you select a different GameObject, the layout and content of the Inspector window will change.
- The asset libraries available in your project are displayed. When you import an asset into your project, it will appear in this window.
- It provides notifications about the various Unity processes and quick access to related tools and settings.
Have a question or an idea? If you have a question to ask or an idea to share, participate in the MYTY Kit Community. We’d love to hear from you.